A recent note, from Envision CEO Gia Truong to our teachers and school leaders:
DEAR ENVISION FAMILY,
In my work, I have the privilege of talking to people from all over the country about our schools and students. When I talk about the impact we are having for low-income, First Gen students, I always credit the strong relationships that we strive to build in our schools — because we all know that a great education starts when students feel a sense of belonging and an environment of trust and care.
You should know that our students feel all of that and more. When our students are asked what makes their schools special, they consistently mention the teachers and school leaders who support them. Here’s some of what they have said this past year:
- My favorite part of City Arts & Tech is the connectivity between teachers and students. (Matt)
- At Envision Academy, it’s all about how our teachers address individual needs. They make sure everyone understands; they don’t leave anyone behind. (Michala)
- I like how Impact Academy teachers push you to produce your best work and strive for better. (Sam)
- The admin here at City Arts & Tech, they’re really great. They stop by, take time out of their day to actually talk to students and engage with students. (Mariah)
- My Envision Academy teachers got to know me better than teachers at my other school, and they helped me grow to be a more responsible student. (Samuel)
- My favorite thing about Impact Academy is the family atmosphere we have here. Impact teachers have taught me how to voice my opinion and be a leader. (Elizabeth)
Time and time again, your students cite your influence in their lives as making the biggest difference in their educational journey. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for being those kinds of teachers and school leaders to our students. There are not enough ways to describe the important impact you are having, but their voices come close!