Envision Education is a charter management organization whose mission is to transform the lives of students – especially those who will be the first in their family to attend college – by preparing them for success in college, career, and life. Envision operates three small, high-performing urban public schools in the Bay Area that teach students to think critically, collaborate productively, and communicate effectively.
Envision students graduate by presenting a comprehensive defense of their high school education, demonstrating their readiness for college and career. Graduates go on to succeed in college at significantly higher rates than their peers: 99% attend college and 90% persist into their second year compared to national averages of 60% and 70% respectively for those two important indicators.
The Enrollment Manager will lead teams at school sites to manage the implementation of a well-coordinated and effective approach to recruiting and enrolling a diverse set of students and families to Envision Education schools.
This position will report to the Chief People & Growth Officer (CPO) and will work closely with Principals, school staff, families, students, feeder schools, and community organizations. The Manager will organize and lead the enrollment and re-enrollment process across all current and future Envision Education school campuses.
- Project Management/Oversight of Enrollment Process
- Work with the CPO to plan the enrollment strategies and tactics for all Envision schools
- Cultivate effective and healthy working relationships with Principals, school managers, and other staff on school enrollment teams
- Collaborate with school staff on scheduling and publicizing open houses, information sessions and other school visits
- Follow up with students and families before and during the recruitment, visiting, application, acceptance and enrollment processes
- Manage administrative aspects of the enrollment process, including supporting school staff in entering student applications in application system and enrollment data into PowerSchool system. Update processes as needed
- Manage Envision’s online application system, registration and re-enrollment system. Thoroughly test all processes before annual rollout
- Partner with Data and Assessment Manager and Director of Operations to ensure that enrollment process meets state data reporting needs and is legally compliant
- Track key metrics and milestones related to student recruitment and retention and create relevant data-driven reports to dynamically inform enrollment strategy
COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING
Coordinate and support Principals and school staff with enrollment-related communications, including paper mailings, emails, calls, and text correspondence to students, families, and feeder schools
Collaborate with Senior Communications Manager to develop marketing collateral to build Envision’s brand with families and feeder schools
OUTREACH AND EVENTS
- Plan, support, and participate in enrollment events (e.g., fairs, student exhibitions, feeder school presentations, shadow days, information sessions) in conjunction with school site teams
- Support the establishment of Envision’s presence in the community for outreach and recruiting purposes
- Build partnerships with staff at feeder schools, especially counselors, to facilitate student recruitment and organize presentations
- In conjunction with the Senior Communications Manager, create and distribute appropriate enrollment-marketing materials
- Review and update school web content regarding enrollment information, fairs, student exhibitions, information nights, etc.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
This is a full-time, exempt position. Compensation commensurate with experience. Envision offers medical, dental and vision benefits as well as a 403b, and paid sick time and accrued vacation.
- Belief in Envision Education’s philosophy that all students, regardless of race, socio-economic status, family background, or past academic performance, can succeed academically
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate and work with diverse groups of people
- Strong project management skills: highly organized multi-tasker, works within set deadlines, can motivate a team to action, and has an ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and work independently
- Outgoing with strong presentation and written communications skills
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Google applications, with ability to learn new technologies
- Ability and willingness to travel between schools located in San Francisco, Oakland and Hayward, CA, and to work evenings and weekends as events may require; access to a reliable car
- Knowledge of Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) and video editing (iMovie) preferred
- Basic fluency with databases and information storage preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Experience working in a K-12 school environment or with urban youth preferred
- 2-4 years experience in process-oriented, customer-focused work preferred
- Ability to speak and write in Spanish preferred
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER ONLINE AT: Join Our Team
Envision Education will invite select candidates for interviews. Interviews will continue until the position is filled. Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of employment verification and hiring process.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.